Sunday, March 3, 2013

Writing as Part of My Retirement Journey


I have several ways that I'm earning money on my way to my retirement - that's one reason it's a journey for me. I don't see retirement as a way to stop working all together. I like work, I like to stay busy, I like lots of different things and writing is one I'm sure I'll try to do always for as long as I can see, type and comprehend!


Are you like me? Are you writing as part of your own retirement journey? If you are, let me share some of the ways that I earn money and you can too. While google's adsense program is one of the most lucrative ways to earn money online writing, it's harder and harder to get an account with them. Check them out if you want but, do read and pay attention to all the terms of service or you could get banned for life.

Check out any of these great ways to earn money writing and you won't have to stop working forever, just change what work you do and work when you want.
Write on Squidoo - it's fun, easy and although it takes some time to get used to it the community is great and will help with your questions. Squidoo pays via paypal and you can earn from tier payments as well as add ebay, youtube and amazon. If you like writing, why not spend some time each day devoted to writing and stash the money earned each month in your own retirement account. Edit to add that now all those articles are featured here on hubpages.

Start a blog and write what you are passionate about. Others will find your information useful and helpful if you share from your heart. It takes time to build a following but, it's fun and worth it in the end to your retirement journey. Blogger makes it free and you can add links to help monetize your blog.

Monetize your Blog: Viglink is a great site and easy way to make money without you having to do anything except sign up, add the code by copy and paste to your own site and leave the rest to them. Viglink adds light underlining to some of your words and when anyone clicks on those, you earn money. Easy peezy! Check out viglink here:


Infobarrel is another writing site I love and use for my retirement journey and you may want to look at it too. Write about what you love, help people find the information online that they're looking for and you can earn up to 75% plus amazon sales too. Join Infobarrel here and I'll see you there!

Hubpages is popular with many. Squidoo recently switched all our articles from there and you can find me there now right here, so hope you'll join me in writing what you know and love and make money from your work.

Wikinut is yet another writing site that allows anyone to write about what they love and it pays decent.

Writing is fun and is a great way to pass the time instead of watching tv or playing on the computer. What do you think of writing as part of your retirement plan? Let us know in the comments below and we'll add more writing sites soon for you to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment